Subject: Re: VAX 6310
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/04/1999 21:51:59
> its a medium sized VAX, nominally about 3.8 VUPS, and has XMI and BI
> buses. It wouldnt be supported, as there is no XMI or BI support in NetBSD
> or any other free UNIX. Ultrix should run on this machine without problem,
> or VMS of course.
> Support for the XMI and BI VAXen rests on finding documentation for that
> hardware, which so far has proven very elusive and difficult to find.
> On the same hand, Ultrix source would also be of great help!

Let's see, what "medium sized" means :-). Ok, as i got my 4000 VLC it
also was not supported, i found out enough, to get a bit of life out of
it, so i think, i'll get this 6310, if it fits somewhere in the corner
here. If it doesn't fit, i'll inform the list and give it away... 3,8
VUPs is nice enough, half speed of my VAXstation 3100m76s.

Hope, i get some docs with it...

so long... Michael