Subject: Microvax II up, RD53 needs formatting
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Bell <steve@discus.lincoln.ac.nz>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/04/1999 16:44:04
Hi
  I have had my mvII up running netbsd for about a week but am having
  trouble with the RD53 disk, (well it's booting the miniroot from
  the RD53, I still haven't done the full install )

  I get "soft datagram errors" etc, after several startup/shutdowns
  the system won't reboot. This is fixed by reinstalling the miniroot.

  I don't have mvII diagnostics (disk formating sw),
  But do have access to a vs2000 (with rom based disk formatting)
  However there are no drive cables :( .

  I have found a single disk cable out of an external drive box
  ( RD53-FA? single drive ) but I don't have the cable that would
  normally connect the two boxes.

  what are the connectors on the vs2000 motherboard??
  There is a
     60 pin  connector.
     50 pin   "  "
     ?? pin   "  " (small)

  which one(s) connect to the disks..??
  which is the TK50 pseudo scsi connector...??

  Can the 50 pin RD53-FA cable be used..??

Cheers,
    Steve