Subject: 1.4_ALPHA and MV3600
To: port-vax <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Stan Pietkiewicz <stanp@storm.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/27/1999 00:34:52
I finally got 1.4_alpha installed on my MV3600 (well, almost...)
Once I got mopd/rarpd/nfs et.al. running properly on my NoName NetBSD
1.3H, netbooting went smoothly....
sysinst complained about not finding pax, so like, Alex van Denzel, I
made a symbolic link to a copy on another disk mounted on /mnt1. sysinst
kept unmounting /mnt2 on me.....
So far, so good...... All the distribution sets unpacked onto dua0, an
RA70, (/dev/ra0) without errors, so time for a reboot....

The boot sequence proceeds  2.. -DUA0 1..0.. and halts with a HLT
INSTRUCTION message, and a PC = 001001FA   :-{(

This is the kernel from the 1.4_alpha snapshot, dated (I think) April
14...

Any thoughts??

Stan