Subject: Re: uVAX-II
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/26/1999 13:28:11
No, there really were multiprocessor uvax-II's. Ive read technical papers=
=20
from inside DEC referring to microVAX-II's with as many as 5 processors.=20
(the paper im referring to was written circa 1987 at DECWRL and was=20
regarding a parallelizing C compiler for the VAX, and used a 5-processor=20
uVAX-II as his development machine. IT was quite interesting in its own=20
right, in that the compiler used all 5 processors to compile and=20
parallelized anything it could, but it was also fascinating because it=20
described the existence of a system at least in DEC's research world=20
which was a 5 processor microVAX running ultrix. If i can find the paper il=
get a document number or something and post it.=20

happy hacking,
isildur