Subject: Current problems with 1.4_ALPHA...
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel A. Seagraves <DSEAGRAV@toad.xkl.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/20/1999 15:20:05
Here's what I've got so far, this is on a 3100 of unknown model,
(How do I tell which model I have anyway?), 1 Gb SCSI-2 disk, (Micropolis
2112 if it matters), and 4 meg of RAM.

1.	disklabels don't work.  They have no effect.
	The bootloader doesn't appear to get installed right either.
2.	I occasionally get (about 50% of the time really) the message:
	"ptelen fault in system space: addr xxxxxxx pc xxxxxxxx"
	and a halt.  This mostly happens at random points during
	the boot, but it's happened while running twice now.

And that's it...  I'm gonna try a different VAX in a second, another 3100
but a different model.  I'm gonna use another 2112 (Don't wanna wax
VMS just yet...) and see what happens.  The other one has more memory
I think.

Anyone else with a 3100 have any luck?
-------