Subject: bootp/dhcp problem using alpha1.4
To: Vax Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Johns <johnsr1@kauri.lincoln.ac.nz>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/18/1999 14:07:17
I have just down loaded alpha1.4 and set up to net boot my vs3100(currently no
HDD) from a Linux box.
When booted boot.mop would load but  it would the get a reply from a bootp
server which i don't have
control over so no kernel. Have got around this by installing 2nd network card
in linux box and using
192.168.x.x as a local net where there are no bootp/dhcp servers, this netboots
just fine.
But i would like to be able to connect to the main network and still netboot can
boot.mop/netbsd kernel
be set to use the rarp/bootparam method as default.

TIA

| Richard Johns Computer Engineer/Technician for           |
| Computing & Educational Resources, Lincoln University,   |
| Lincoln PO Box 84, Canterbury, New Zealand               |
| Phone:  +64 3 325-2811 EXT 8087                          |
| mailto:johnsr1@lincoln.ac.nz   http://www.lincoln.ac.nz  |