Subject: Re: KA630-CNF Panel?
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/17/1999 16:51:27
On 16 Apr 1999, Allison J Parent wrote:
> Someone out there has a virus (happy.99) and is spreading it.
> I know I dont ahve it as my system is incompatable with that
> kind of bug plus my mailer can't (not doesnt, _Cant_) open them.

Yepp, i received a mail from Randy Jones with the subject KA630-CNF Panel?
too. It contained the happy.99 virus. I sent him a mail immediately
telling him that his computer was infected. However everyone that is
on this mailinglist and use Windoze and Outlook or MS-Exchange should
definitely check their computer with a new antivirusprog. It seems
that the virus works a little bit like the Melissa-virus, and send
itself with mail to people that is in the addresslist on the infected
computer.

I know i'm not infected either, since the virus only works with windoze,
and i'm using Pine running on solaris.

Those of you that use any of the programs mentioned, _PLEASE_ do yourself
a favor, and get a good antivirusprogram that can find the virus.
Mailviruses spreading via mailinglists is a really bad thing, and must be
dealt with accordingly.

Regards
/Anders Hogrelius

--