Subject: MV II installation problems
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Erno Palonheimo <esp@iki.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/16/1999 04:50:12
There is something wrong with the newfs on netbsd.ram. I got my MV II
to boot from net, but as I boot that, and then try to generate
filesystems on disks, the following happens with rra0e. rra0a is ok,
but rra0e fails.

# newfs /dev/rra0e
ra0: invalid command (unknown subcode) (code 1, subcode 224)
write error: 214070
wtfs: Undefined error: 0

I thought it might be some kind of disk error, but this happens no
matter where the e slice is on the drive. Suggestions? Or should I
install with some different method?

 Erno Palonheimo -- Unix, OpenVMS, Linux -- No compromise computing
   Personal: esp@iki.fi Work-related: erno.palonheimo@sysforte.fi
    "Whoa Camouflage, things are never quite the way they seem."