Subject: MicroVAX II booting with 1.4-ALPHA
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Erno Palonheimo <esp@iki.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/16/1999 03:27:46
Hi,

I've donwloaded the 1.4 ALPHA and it does not seem to work with
MicroVAX II and netboot. I have everything important running and my
Linux server does successfully mop-boot my VXT2000, so the
configuration is most likely OK. But when I try to boot my MV II, this
is what happens:

>>> b/100 xqa0

  2..
Bootfile: MOPBOOT

  1..0..

>> NetBSD/vax boot [980311 22:57] <<
: /netbsd
boot: client IP address: 192.168.1.5
bootparamd: 'whoami' call failed
Unknown error: code 60
: /netbsd
boot: client IP address: 192.168.1.5
boot: client name: vax
root addr=192.168.1.2 path=/export/vax/fs
834012+43872+161312 start 0x590

?06 HLT INST
    PC = 800BD0D0

And, furthermore, what is this complaint about whoami call? Btw, has
anyone ported mopd for Solaris? I'd like to boot from my SS IPC
completely, currently the Linux machine sends the bootloader and
rpc.bootparamd etc are running on the Solaris machine.

--
 Erno Palonheimo -- Unix, OpenVMS, Linux -- No compromise computing
   Personal: esp@iki.fi Work-related: erno.palonheimo@sysforte.fi