Subject: Re: MV II installation problems
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/1999 19:14:08
At 04:50 AM 4/16/99 +0300, Erno Palonheimo wrote:
>There is something wrong with the newfs on netbsd.ram. I got my MV II
>to boot from net, but as I boot that, and then try to generate
>filesystems on disks, the following happens with rra0e. rra0a is ok,
>but rra0e fails.

Usually this indicates a problem in the disk label. Can you type
	disklabel /dev/ra0
and send the results?

Also what disk layout are you using that uses an 'e' partition? I've seen
lots of a,b,g,h and a, b, g but few that used e.

Also you will need to know the make/model/exact geometry of the drive if
the controller is not SCSI (even then you might need to know this too)

--Chuck