Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/1999 16:38:33
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> Well, Jason is probably thinking relative to Alpha servers with 2GB of
> memory. :-)  That is where the capital 'L' in Lot came from I guess!

Yeah but code density and data-alignment-wise, 2GB of RAM on an Alpha is
probably equivalent to 512MB on a VAX.  Hell, on a VAX we can manipulate
data in the form of bitstrings which don't even have to be located on byte
boundaries... just pick it up in the middle of a byte somewhere.

My instruction set is bigger than your instrcution set.
Neener neener neener.

-brian.
---