Subject: Re: up-and-coming MicroVAX hardware site
To: None <carlini@bulean.ENET.dec.com>
From: Varga Akos Endre <hamster@telnet.hu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/1999 14:39:54
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 carlini@bulean.ENET.dec.com wrote:

> The Visual Field Guide http://www.vaxarchive.org/hw/vfg/ has started a
> collection of pictures of boards etc. Maybe you could ask permission to link to
> the existing images and add value by providing the missing stuff you are
> looking for (switch settings etc.).

Well, I mailed Kees Stravers about this. Our goals may overlap
sometimes, but they're not the same (the modules section is where our
intentions are nearly identical). His site is more VAX-oriented,
while mine will go into general qbus/UNIBUS things, and other
machines too. I want to build some kind of directory, a "knowledge
database" (wow, this sounds real silly:) with comments and hints,
not just facts...
I'll link in his site where he has something I don't, and
I'm sure he'll put links to my pages where it makes sense... I
think the two pages can co-exist :-)

	Hamster