Subject: SUCCESS! Life is good (1.4Alpha report)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/14/1999 22:09:58
Well I'm stoked. I just finished installing 1.4Alpha on my uVax II and it
works!

System Description:
	uVax II (KA630 CPU), 9MB RAM
	Viking QTO SCSI Tape controller (emulates MSCP TK50)
	Sigma Information Systems RQ11D ESDI Disk controller (emulate UDA50)
	Dual Micropolis 1568 (660MB) ESDI disks
	DELQA Ethernet adapter

I was able to completely untar the tarballs without a single disk lockup
and after that was able to boot from ra0a into 1.4. So far so good. Never
has it gone this long without freezing.

Aside from the lack of an ld.so I also didn't get boot installed by default
(nor was it in the install directory) I copied the boot I was using for the
snapshot release from my NFS server and that seems to work. The next stress
test is to tar the entire system on to a tape (the tape drive is actually
an Exabyte 8200).

--Chuck