Subject: Re: VS2k install woes: disk problems!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jsturges@gmri.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/12/1999 10:49:10
Thanks for the explanation, Ragge.  This certainly explains why it doesn't see
the internal RD32.  :-)

So it looks like, at the very least, my root will have to be available with NFS.
Maybe I can still use a SCSI disk for something.

>From my description of my weird SCSI disk behavior, can anyone think of what's
going on?  Even if I can't boot from a SCSI disk, shouldn't I be able to label
the disk from sysinst?  I might just have a bad disk, I suppose, but it works
fine on my PC and my DEC Multia.  It occurred to me that maybe it was cabling,
but that seems unlikely.  I've got a high-quality, *short* (1 foot) SCSI cable,
and using active or passive terminators seems to make no difference.  Clues?

thanks,
Jonathan

Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se> on 04/10/99 12:36:43 PM

 To:      bdc@world.std.com (Brian D Chase)

 cc:      cmcmanis@mcmanis.com, Jonathan Sturges/ESD/GMR@GMR,
          port-vax@netbsd.org

> Are MSCP drives supported currently on the VAXstation 2000?  I know
> support for them left for a period of time, I wasn't aware of it having
> been brought back into the fold.  Ragge?

There are no support for MSCP drives on VS2000, and there will for sure
never be :-) A VS2000 does not have anywhere to put in a MSCP controller.
The MFM controller is something completely different on a VS2000, and
there is no support for it in -current.

-- Ragge