Subject: VAX 4000-200
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Duncan <paul@chaos-hovel.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/11/1999 17:43:08
I finally got round to taking my newest VAX to pieces today.

There are four boards in it. The first has five heatsinked, surface
mount square ships on it (amongst others) and also has an AM7992 chip,
which I know is part of the Lance Ethernet chipset, so I'm assuming that
this is the CPU board.

The next two boards are marked GS2 and 16/8 MBYTE MOS Memory - each board
is about half populated, so I have a total of 16MB.

The final board is made by Emulex. It has dual 50 way dil ports, all components
appear to be duplicated, so I think its a dual channel SCSI board. There are
four (two by two) sets of dip switches on it, and I would love to know what
they are for. I took a SCSI drive and hooked it up to one of the ports and
did "show scsi" when I got to the boot prompt, but nothing came up. I suppose
this type of controller cannot be used as a boot device :-(

Does anyone have any more info about this board?

Thanks,

Paul
~~~~