Subject: Re: VS2k install woes: disk problems!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/10/1999 15:36:07
<I should've indicated what it is I want to do.  I want to put probably root
<swap on the RD32 and boot from
<that.  I figured I could put everything else on a SCSI disk.

the SCSI bus in the MV2k is not bootable save for using the oddball
TSK50F(or somesuch).  The bus is however scsi, though DEC only used it for
that tape.

Also the MSCP device is not.  It's emulated.  The true device has a a lot of
native intelligence that is not present in the MV2K.  What is there is the
combo floppy/hard disk controller and dma chip (SMC 9224).

<BTW, I know it says MicroVAX 2000... I have it jumpered to disable the onbo
<frame buffer.

Other than video ther eisn't much difference.

<What is missing from this probe?  What would the internal MSCP/MFM disk
<controller's device be?
<Any other clues that can be gleaned from this?

See above.

Allison