Subject: Re: My MicroVaxII/GPX.
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Per Larsson <tucker@algonet.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/10/1999 00:17:57
On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Brian D Chase wrote:

> The ring overrun messages are *normal*, but the panic is obviously bad.

Yep, since it hangs the machine...

> You may want to try the ping hack to see if it helps at all.

Tried it, it didn't help very much, at least not against the panics.

> > I'm trying to find a replacement for the DEQNA, but that's not a very
> > easy task, so in the meantime I need some other way to get things to/from
> > the machine.
>
> If you don't mind using a US based company, go to
> http://www.ficompinc.com/ to get the company info. They don't list all of
> their old surplus junk on-line, but the've got quite a stock of items.
> They'll have spare DEQNAs for probably something like $30-$40US. No
> affiliation blah blah, just a happy customer.

I've found a Swedish company, http://www.dataknuten.se/ which has a lot of
DEC stuff. It's just that their DEC guy is abroad *a lot*.
But thanx for the link, it might com in handy after all.

/Per Larsson.