Subject: Re: power supply output on a BA123
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/09/1999 15:24:02
> Just some updates for the VAX hardware reference pages...
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Library/Hardware/Machines/DEC/vax/enclosures.html#enclosures:ba123
>
> My BA123's power supply says "max output power 460 watt," which is indeed
> twice the power output of a BA23.  :)  Its outputs are rated for 5V @
> 36A and 12V @ 7A.  The whole power draw is a whopping 690W @ 8.8A.
>
> I'm still surprised when I plug this thing into the wall and a breaker
> doesn't trip.  :)

:-)
its not much more power than a DECstation 5000 or a VS4000 with a large
monitor, an SZ12 with some disks, and maybe a TK50 or something in such a
box..
also, the rating is for 690W, it doesnt draw that much. In the DEC microVAX
systems handbook, the consumption of the BA123 cabinet is listed as 460W.

> The BA123 does indeed have three front-access 5.25" bays, one of them
> sideways.  (For a RX50, I guess...)

5 bays you mean, four horizontal and one sideways under the power switch.