Subject: DEC Visual Field Guide
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <kees.stravers@iae.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/07/1999 23:21:40
There exists a well known file, the Field Guide, which lists all
PDP and VAX DEC boards by number and description. I have created a
web page on VAXarchive, my site with information on old DEC VAX
hardware and its operating systems, which is to be the visual version
of this list. It shows pictures of boards, and their number
and function. This makes it easy to identify boards with unreadable
or missing module numbers. There are now 24 pictures on this page,
which is of course just a tiny part of all boards that exist.
I am hoping that the readers of this list are able to help me get
more pictures.
If you own boards that are not on this page, I would appreciate
it very much if you could send me an image of them. If it is a dual
or quad width board, you do not need a digital camera to make this
picture, you can just lay it face down on a flat bed scanner.
(This is how all the pictures on the page were made.) Please mail
any pictures to pb0aia at iae.nl, or let me know on which ftp or www
site they are. Thanks in advance!
The URL of the page is:

<http://www.vaxarchive.org/hw/vfg/>

The boards already on the page are:
Dual width: M7270, M7504, M7546, M7555, M7607, M7954, M8043, M8044,
M8047, M8659, M9047.
Quad width: M3104, M7164, M7165, M7168, M7169, M7196, M7454, M7602,
M7606, M7608, M7609, M7624, M8639.
Non-DEC: QD21.

Regards,
Kees.

--
Kees Stravers - Geldrop, The Netherlands - kees.stravers@iae.nl
http://www.iae.nl/users/pb0aia/

I'm Sysadmin and DEC PDP/VAX preservationist - Visit VAXarchive!
http://www.vaxarchive.org/ (primary)
http://www.sevensages.org/vax/ (mirror)
http://www.coyote.org/mirrors/vaxarchive/ (mirror)