Subject: SPX framebuffer info wanted
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/03/1999 02:02:51
Hi !

I just poked around a little bit in my VAXstation framebuffers. It's time to
get the SPX 8-plane framebuffer of the 3100m76 supported. If seems, this
framebuffer has lots of nice hardware around the RAMDAC, the board is too big
to just shift out the video bits. Does anybody have some information about the
location of the control registers and the internam architecture ? The
framebuffer is at 0x38000000, in HiRes mode 1280x1024, 256 colors. Superb
values for a X-workstation, but i only want to get the console running on this.
(My new monitors don't work with the LowRes mono output anymore :-)

That's one, the other: I need the same info for the framebuffers of the
VAXstation 4000 series (location 0x20100000, framebuffer starts at 0x20101000).
This seems to be primitive, but i especially need the infos of how to generate
an interrupts, where go the vectors and such stuff. Just to link it into the
new hardware detection.

And: if anybody knows, how to correctly initialize the cache on a 4000 VLC,
tell me ! I think, i get it enabled now, because the box crashes shortly after
that, maybe it thinks, the cache entries are valid. I only have some
definitions for memory locations and control registers, it helped me very much,
but there are still missing much things about some architecture questions.

BTW: who wanted to get the VAXstation configured by DHCP ? It definitely
doesn't work ! I have now running DHCP and BOOTPARAMS, so i works !

So long... Michael