Subject: Boy maimed by VAX!!! More at 6.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Kent Rankin <srao@usit.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/29/1999 03:37:15
    Well, I've finally gotten what I deserved.  After all of my years of
treating computers poorly, setting my feet up on them, giving them hell,
running them 24 hours a day, etc, etc... they've finally gotten me back.

    I got my right hand into the way of a MicroVAX II's QBUS fan.  Didn't
mean to, but still... I didn't know those bastards were made of metal.

    I have to admit, though, it's an interesting thing to sit in an
emergency room with your hand stuck in a cup full of bloody icewater with
seasoned EMS guys wondering what in the hell you did.  The best part is
when you tell them that those computers that they fear did it to you.  =)

    "Jesus, man! What kind of computer do you have?!"
    "Oh, that's nothing... it was one of my small computers that did it!!!"

-

    However, humans have survived DEC gear once again(unlike a few
ex-system administrators that I know at Bellevue Mental Hospital).  Even
if it required stitches, bandages, cauterizers, anaesthesia, a tetanus
shot, and that neat 3m Versa-Tape.  =)

    Just watch out for those fans.  They're mean little fella's.

                                        -Kent Rankin

P.S. - I tested mine when I got home.  It broke right through a 3/8"
       wooden dowel.  Yikes!