Subject: Re: Which VAXen have 53c94s?
To: Christopher Sekiya <wileyc@sekiya.twics.co.jp>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/27/1999 15:49:30
Hi !

> The ncr53c94 SCSI driver is almost complete.  I know that the 4000/60 and
> the 4000/90 use this chip -- do any other supported vax platforms have
> this chip?  I need this information so that I can cheat on the detection
> logic ;)

Seems that every 4000 has this, add the 4000 VLC (KA48) to your list. There are
already some "cheats" by me in the sources. I found something in the main
driver, which detects the derivates of the chip, don't we have a nice solutions
do see the difference between the 53c80 and the 53c94 ? They are on the same
CSRs in VAXstations, but as i know, the 4000s only have one controller chip.
53c80 isn't any longer detected in the 4000 VLC due to a modified detection
method. Ragge has seen probs with an older VS 3100 and the new detection, so we
should check it out very good, how we detect those controllers. Don't just
assume, these boxes *MUST* have one, it's nicer if we really look, if it's
there.

But to give you the info which *MUST* have it: KA46, KA48 and KA49 (VS 4000
/60, VLC, /90)

cu.. Michael