Subject: Re: vxt 2000
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/25/1999 13:04:42
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > anybody here got a vxt 2000 working with netbsd ?
> > how ?

> Eh, can a vxt2000 be made to run netbsd? I have a couple of them here,
> but thought they were too different.

I've heard conflicting stories on the VXT2000s.  Originally I'd heard that
these systems were RISC cpu based and not VAX.  At some point later on
someone mentioned that they were in fact VAX based.  I've never heard of
anyone being able to netboot one with NetBSD/vax, and I've not seen (or
don't remember seeing) any conclusive evidence as to whether these
X-terminals are actually VAX based.

Now, I do know that the VT1300 is just a diskless VAXstation 3100, and it
is capable of running NetBSD/vax.  I would be interested to hear any
insight about which processor the VXT2000 actually uses.

-brian.
---