Subject: Kernel building?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@freegate.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/24/1999 16:49:29
Ok, I'm almost close enough to building a kernel that its practically exciting.

To finesse the diskwait bug I'm trying to build off an NFS mounted system.

If I try to go to /usr/src/sys/arch/vax/conf/ and try 'config GENERIC' I
get immediately a bunch of warnings/errors from start.s of the form:
/usr/include/machine/macros.h;xxx: Warning: ignoring statement due to
unknown operator

(this from the command line that make generated of:
	 cc -x assembler-with-Cpp -E start.s | as -o start.o
(typos mine)

What bit of magic am I missing? (I'm using the snapshot release and the
990101 kernel)
--Chuck