Subject: Re: 3100m38 and video out
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/23/1999 18:37:27
Hi !

> Does you're kernel configuration file include the following:
>
> ---
>
>   # VAXstation graphics support
>   smg0            at vsbus0               # Small monochrome display ctlr.
>   wsdisplay0      at smg0                 # display device driver.
>   lkc0            at dz0                  # Keyboard LK201
>
> ---

Yepp, absolutely everything is included, i'm trying to build a real
"GENERIC" kernel, which should run on ALL (ok, maybe only a big bunch)
of the machines. The hardware detection should not only do something
like: vsbus ? ok, we have smg. smg should be detected, and disabled, if
not found. I repaired the SCSI detection, this does no more crash on
4000 series and correctly detects on 3100m76. I saw something of
detection in the smg-sources, where an interrupt is to be generated, and
if nothing happens, smg is assumed to be not present. This is in my
kernel, downloaded "current" tar-files from 990320. I'll look inside
ASAP to fix some more, but i think i can't make everybody happe due to i
only have a 4000 VLC and a VS 3100m76 (yet :-). I'll look for it, best
check: the 3100 should detect it and the 4000 mustn't, then i'm happy in
this point. (There are so many things making me unhappy... but not
enough time to fully concentrate on it.)

I hope to present some news until the next weekend.

cu.. Michael