Subject: Re: 3100m38 and video out
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@link.link-systems.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/23/1999 09:17:35
| > > smg0 at vsbus0
| > > wsdisplay0 at smg0
| > > ?06 HLT INST
| > >   PC= 800B3CC4 PSL= 00000004
|
| These are included with the GENERIC kernel config file from the end of
| last week.  It'd certainly be easy enough for me to comment out the lines,
| and to build a new kernel.

I have gone in twice to smg.c and stuffed a "return (0);" into the probe
call to "fix" the identical halt with my 4000/60.  That was with sup'ed
-current up to a week or so ago and building GENERIC.  I didn't report
the problem formally because I don't have a solution.  This is how I keep
running anyway.  The smg probe is "detecting" what isn't there.  -- Ken

>>> show config

KA46-A V1.2-343-V4.0
08-00-2B-2F-F4-C6
40MB

DEVNBR    DEVNAM           INFO
------    --------    --------------------------
     1         NVR    OK
     2         LCG    OK
                       HR - 4 PLN FB - V1.2
     3          DZ    OK
     4       CACHE    OK
     5         MEM    OK
                      40MB = SY=8MB, S0/1=32MB, S2/3=0MB, S4/5=0MB
     6         FPU    OK
     7          IT    OK
     8         SYS    OK
     9          NI    OK