Subject: Re: 3100m38 and video out
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/23/1999 02:34:06
On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Michael Kukat wrote:

> > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/vax/kernels/netbsd-1.3K-bdc-19990320.gz
> >
> > smg0 at vsbus0
> > wsdisplay0 at smg0
> > ?06 HLT INST
> >   PC= 800B3CC4 PSL= 00000004
>
> With that new kernel ? Strange ! I didn't change so much, i wonder how
> my version works on the 4000/60 and correctly doesn't detect smg (on
> the same machine!). I checked out the source, nothing i modified
> except the SCSI detection. But my 3100 also doesn't detect smg, maybe
> it's completely unavailable at the moment. I'll check out ASAP.

Does you're kernel configuration file include the following:

---

  # VAXstation graphics support
  smg0            at vsbus0               # Small monochrome display ctlr.
  wsdisplay0      at smg0                 # display device driver.
  lkc0            at dz0                  # Keyboard LK201

---

These are included with the GENERIC kernel config file from the end of
last week.  It'd certainly be easy enough for me to comment out the lines,
and to build a new kernel.

-brian.
---