Subject: Some MicroVAXen I want to resurrect
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Per Larsson <tucker@algonet.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/1999 17:48:40
I have a few machines that I'm trying to get to run NetBSD.

1 VAXstation-II/GPX which used to run BSD4.3-reno (slightly hacked to
accept the Emulex QD21 ESDI card) until the RD53 bootdisk crashed.

and

1 MicroVAX 3100/m20e which used to run VMS.

About 9 months or so ago, I played around with the uVAX-II, without much
success, as the QD21 was apparently not supported. I haven't messed with
it since. Is it supported now?

Now I looked at the NetBSD-pages again, and the MV3100 seems to be
supported in the -current version.

Trying it, I get it to netboot and find all of the hardware, such as the
100MB rz23 disk, but it has only 4MB ram, which means that the netbsd.ram
install kernel doesn't quite work, since it uses too much of the 4MB for a
ram disk.

Anyone who can help me install on the rz23 with only the nfsboot, which
works flawlessly?

I don't have very much experience installing NetBSD, as you can see.

Regards
/Per Larsson.