Subject: Re: Vax4000-300 first netboot test.
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/13/1999 19:37:29
Hi !

> There's no support in NetBSD/vax yet for the VAX 4000 series.
>
> The closest thing would probably be the support for the VAXstation 4000/60
> and the barely week old support for the VAXstation 4000/VLC.  The greatest
> resemblance here being the number "4000", but the VAX 4000 is quite a bit
> different than any of the VAXstation 4000s.

The VAX 4000/300 has, according to the hardware reference, a Rigel CPU, clocked
143 MHz, so it's nearly the same as a VAXstation 3100m76, which runs. I'll try
it out with the new kernel sources with console-autodetect, i'll simply to try
to get it running, maybe without cache. Christophe: Again, give me the "EX SID"
and "EX /P 20040004" values of your 4000/300, i'll send you another test
kernel.

I have 3 3100m76s now, so compiling and testing is no more the problem, but
SCSI with DMA would speed it up extremely :-)

cu.. Michael