Subject: Re: VS 4000 VLC configs needed
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Patrick Caulfield <patrick@pandh.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/09/1999 20:50:52
On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 08:19:01PM +0100, Michael Kukat wrote:
> Hi again !
>
> I just checked out my 4000 VLC again, because of the kernel crashes i
> had yesterday. After carrying it to the living room, where there's only
> a BNC connector, it seems to run stable. Maybe, my TP transceiver is
> buggy or so. So, if you encounter kernel panics, tell me your
> configuration ! I need: Amount of RAM installed and type of network
> media.

No kernel panics but a fair few core dumps. This is a 24MB VLC on
a (potentially dodgy!) a BNC network.

The frambuffer device actually doesn't work but I'll post then gen
anyway just in case you're interested. It's the SVGA option - it supposedly
plugs into a standard PC SVGA monitor but I've never seen it working.

SHOW CONFIG gives the following:

     2         LCG    OK                                                                               LR - 8 PLN FB - V1.1

Marvellous work -- keep it up...please !

Patrick