Subject: None
To: None <andrass@mail.matav.hu>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/09/1999 12:25:56
hello,
i have a UC07 and a manual for it. gimme a day or two and ill send you the
relevant pages from it on how to get into the firmware on it. the UC07/8
adapters do their own low-level format of the disk and map geometries and
stuff, and you have to go into its firmware to confgure a new disk with
it. its not a very complicated process, the UC07 actually has a simple
little menu system in firmware that makes it pretty easy. It will take
a while if you have a large disk though!
Even if you remove a disk, the UC07 still reports it present (but offline)
to any software.
im not 100% sure what theyre like in netbsd, i run ultrix on my microVAX.
For some reason, any disk (of any size) that i hang from my UCo7 gets
reported as an RA81, too. dunno if thats of any relevance to you..

happy hacking,
isildur