Subject: Console selection.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/07/1999 14:56:10
I now have (at last) found out how the decision where the system console
is on VS/MV 3100's :-)

If the machine has a graphic adapter the prom uses it as console.
If the machine lacks graphic adapter it uses the first serial port as console.

If a diagnostic switch located at the rear is on the machine will use
the fourth serial port as console port. (Numbered 3 (!) on some MV3100's).

I'm going to put this functionality into NetBSD now ASAP with the exception
that if a color graphics board is found it will use the diagnostic port instead.

-- Ragge