Subject: Re: VAX pain and bane but some joy in the end.....
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: None <rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/05/1999 10:30:37
> > 5.  I was noticing in the NetBSD 1.3.2 VAX tree that floppy boots seemed
> >     to exist.  I know the VS3100 can use the floppy, so a boot on that
> >     via floppy may be reasonable?  Can a floppy be put on the MV3100
> >     and used to boot that?  What size floppy (720K or 1.4M) should be
> >     used?  There seemed to be two sets of floppy images.
>
> It plausible :-)  People have discussed it, but I've never known anyone to
> succeed.

I went playing with the better of the two VAXstations (2 x RZ23 + 8M ram),
and managed to get the silly thing to boot off the floppy.

   >>Netbsd vaxboot....blah, blah.
   :

But, when I typed in a call to the edlabel, it came back with some
register dumps and a file or directory not found message.

At least it seemed to boot.

Anyone know if it is possible to boot further and actually get it
to label and install a miniroot for testing?

Bob Keys