Subject: Ever seen this before?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dean Bennett <dean.bennett@home.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/1999 18:35:17
I'm trying to net boot a VAXstation 3100/M38, but it seems that I'm
getting a bit changed somewhere.  Note in the debug output from mopd
below that the hardware address is changed from 8:0:2b:14:9b:c3 to
8:0:2b:14:9b:c1 and the load file gets changed from MOPBOOT to MOPBMOT.

Any ideas as to what might be going on (the vax seems to work fine with
VMS and DECnet).  I've been following the netbooting howto, but I can't
get past this point.

Dst          : ab:0:0:1:0:0      MOP Dump/Load Multicast
Src          : 8:0:2b:14:9b:c1
Proto        : 6001 MOP Dump/Load
Length       : 002e (46)
Code         :   08 Request program
Device Type  :   25 LQA 'DELQA'
Format       :   01
Program Type :   00 Secondary Loader
Software     :   07 'MOPBMOT'
Processor    :   00 System Processor
Maint Version: 4.0.0

Dst          : 8:0:2b:14:9b:c1
Src          : 0:10:4b:1e:a5:ff
Proto        : 6001 MOP Dump/Load
Length       : 0001 (1)
Code         :   03 Assistance volunteer