Subject: WANTED: VS 4000 VLC (KA48) Info
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/1999 18:50:24
Hi !

ok, we should start to add support for the VS 4000 VLC :-) I have such a box
standing around and could try to get the booter working at first. So i need
some information.

What i have:

CPU is KA48
Console and printer port is combined in one connector, when serial console is
selected, it works as console.
The box has an 8-plane framebuffer (maybe it's standard), doesn't work without
it (console/serial switch is on this board)
The framebuffer also contains an AM79C30 audio chip (misused ISDN controller)
Network is AMD Lance (AM7990)
SCSI is an Emulex Chip, something with 216.

First step would be to get it running netbooted, so i need the following info:

The "memory addresses of interest", if it's completely different from KA46
Does it have an FPU like the KA46 ?
Are DZ and Lance base addresses standard ? If not, i need them.

And of course, the most important thing, i need the ROM addresses for basic
console I/O. And, to fit it together a little bit, i need the VAX_BTYP_48,
the CPU type ID used to set up those variables.

If anybody has some info of the above, please mail me, so we can start the
VLC port, there were some requests for it as i remember.

Every information welcome.

cu.. Michael