Subject: Re: Lazy old me
To: J.S.H. <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/1999 09:17:14
Hi lazy old you ;-)

----------
> From: J.S.H. <enigma@intop.net>
> To: port-vax@netbsd.org
> Subject: Lazy old me
> Date: Friday, February 26, 1999 6:04 PM

> Also, can I find a kind person that I can ship an RD54, an RD53, and if
> it works on the VS3100, an RZ23 to install netbsd on it that is in the
> US, or maybe Canada.  I'll pay round trip shipping, and maybe a little
> something extra.  My tape drive is severely borked, and my DEQNA finally
> bit the dust.  On the TK50, I've done everything from cleaning it, to
> checking every single connector, to using three different controller
> cards, and it is still dead.

I could do it for you, but a simple question:
Why don't you buy a new TK drive ? So in future, you can get all stuff on
tapes.
Shipping two/three drives back/forth in US is probably the same as get a
working TK50.
And if you have the RD54/RD53 on a RQDXx controller, you should ship this
one too.

Just curios.

cheers,
emanuel