Subject: Re: RRD40 ?
To: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
From: Philipp Buehler <philipp@buehler.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/21/1999 13:29:07
Bruce Lane wrote To Philipp Buehler:
> >external CD-ROM from DEC labeled 'RRD40' .. external connector is
> >D-SUB15, internal I can see a 15 pol and a 10pol on the drive itself.
> >The 10pol is _not_ connected. The drive uses small caddies.
>
> 	There were two variants of that model. One was SCSI, the other was the
> D-sub connector you have. Your particular variant requires a
> DEC-proprietary interface. In the case of Q-bus systems, you need an M7552
> module and the bulkhead connector assembly to use it.

What was about that connector's on the little opcon at a BA213? Couldn't
that be a possible connection.

> 	The caddies are not that hard to find. The drive, BTW, was OEM'd by Laser

I have about 15 caddies w/ CD's of Ultrix 4.2 and 4.3 ß no Problem there.

> Magnetics Corp., which I believe was bought out by Philips.
Yes, manufacturer Label is LMI ..
So, i will try to use it on that opcon or i really have a doorstop :(
I cannot mount there any other drive cause of that weird caddy-slotin.

Thanks for all responses.

ciao
--
Philipp Buehler, aka fIpS | NUCH | double-p on IRC
VAX/OpenVMS: No compromise computing.