Subject: Re: RRD40 ?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@texas.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/19/1999 07:30:04
On Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 10:34:52AM +0100, Philipp Buehler wrote:
> external CD-ROM from DEC labeled 'RRD40' .. external connector is
> D-SUB15, internal I can see a 15 pol and a 10pol on the drive itself.
> The 10pol is _not_ connected. The drive uses small caddies.

The RRD40 (external) came in two flavors, one requiring a dedicated
interface board and a second that uses standard (more or less) SCSI. I have
the second one. From the sound of it, you have the first. I *think* it's
the same interface as the RRD50, but since I don't have one, don't quote me
on that.

It also uses weird, and proprietary, caddies. The caddies are worth more
than the drive, since they're made of unobtainium. I have two of them, and
count myself fortunate.

Sounds like you have a doorstop.