Subject: Re: Vaxserver 3100 boot trouble
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tomas_Sch=F6nfeldt?= <mnementh@acc.umu.se>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/11/1999 09:10:00
On 11 Feb 1999, Tomas Sch=F6nfeldt wrote:
> Also does someone know if rx23 on scsi is going to be supported as=20
> a boot device in the future? It's a lot easier to boot of a floppy=20
> than setting up a working netboot linux box...

The rx23 works as a boot device, the only thing is that there isn't
any available diskimages yet. I've made a bootable diskette on my
VS3100m76, and there isn no problem to boot from it. Putting the
tape bootimage on a 1.44 mb floppy also works, but since the=20
install kernel doesn't have SCSI-support that won't be of much use :-(

-Ragge, can you compile a installkernel with SCSI in it also?

cheers,

/Anders H

--=20
* Anders H=F6grelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860  =20
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders.hogrelius@usa.net        =20
* 72216 V=E4ster=E5s            or : elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se             =20