Subject: Re: 19990101 kernel panics
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@nhh.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/07/1999 19:54:00
I wrote:

> > Booting the miniroot kit from the snapshot and installing the /boot
> > from that fixed the problem.
>
> Whoops.  I meant the 1.3.2 miniroot, not the one from the snapshot.

Specifically, just in case anyone needs to know of a procedure that
works, what I did was to boot the 1.3.2 miniroot, which I happened to
have on a spare disk, and then use that to get the /boot from the
latest snapshot into place on my regular root disk.

-tih (who promises to think twice before posting, next time)
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"