Subject: Re: 19990101 kernel panics
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@nhh.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/07/1999 18:38:11
I wrote:

> Anyway, I'm happily running a January 23rd -current now, and looking
> forward to further improvements ahead.  Thanks again!  This is fun!

One more thing: the /boot that was built and installed didn't work (it
just gets as far as printing the name of the kernel it's about to
load, but then executes a HALT before it gets around to starting the
"spinning bar" during loading.  Booting the miniroot kit from the
snapshot and installing the /boot from that fixed the problem.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"