Subject: Re: MicroVAX I: in need of modern OS.
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/06/1999 16:43:45
At 02:28 PM 2/6/99 , Anders Magnusson wrote:

>> Well, I booted my uVAX I and it didn't burst into flames.
>>
>> Ultrix V1.2A System #6: Mon Feb 22 00:07:49 PST 1988

>Wow, that doesn't look new :-)
>rqd; seem to have changed name to uda later.
>Can you try to find out where the Qbus csr space is? (In physmem)
>This was fun; I feel that it would be fun to get NetBSD to run on
>this box. :-)

I've had the box since about 86.  It was main home networking
box (when networking was UUCP :-).  I'm amazed that it actually
works considering it's been off for nearly 11 years.

It looks like CSR space is 0x2000000 (beginning of I/O space)
which Q-bus memoray space start at 0 (not surprising since
that's the main memory).

I'll need to get to Fry's to buy a UTP MAU and another small
10-base-t repeater so I can hook it into a network.
Sunnyvale, CA             Disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message