Subject: Re: MicroVAX I: in need of modern OS.
To: Brian D Chase , Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/06/1999 13:27:06
At 10:57 AM 2/6/99 , Brian D Chase wrote:
>On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Anders Magnusson wrote:
>
>> After a small look at the uba code, it seems like it would be very easy
>> to get it going. Is the 8K of device registers available at some other
>> place than at 248K, or something? I think I could hack the uba routines
>> to work direct-mapped in a day or something.
>
>I don't have any of the technical docs on the MicroVAX I, (maybe Matt
>does?)   If there are any easy checks which can be run from the boot
>console, I can certainly do that.
>
>I can set up something to walk the entire adderss space if it comes down
>to that.

Well, I booted my uVAX I and it didn't burst into flames.

Ultrix V1.2A System #6: Mon Feb 22 00:07:49 PST 1988
real mem  = 4190208
avail mem = 3087360
using 62 buffers containing 418816 bytes of memory
MicroVAX-I, Dfloat Microcode, level = 5
Q22 bus
rqd0 at csr 172150 vec 774, ipl 17
ra0 at rqd0 slave 0
ra1 at rqd0 slave 1
rqd1 at csr 160354 vec 770, ipl 17
ra4 at rqd1 slave 0
ra5 at rqd1 slave 1
dz0 at csr 160100 vec 300, ipl 17
WARNING: -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!

QMEM is 0 for the uVAX I.  Alas, no DEQNA (anyone have a spare?).

Anything you'd like to see?
Sunnyvale, CA             Disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message