Subject: Problems with TK70
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Erno Palonheimo <esp@netti.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/04/1999 01:33:17
Hello,

Has anyone ever seen a situation where a TK70 tape drive loads and unload=
s =

tapes finely when not connected to the controller, but when you connect i=
t to =

the TQK70, it makes a clicking sound every 30 seconds or so, and refuses =
to =

operate at all? If so, could you kindly tell what is failing? My hardware=
, my =

cabling or what? I have a KA640 CPU on the first slot of qbus, a 16MB mem=
ory =

board on the second and nothing at all on the rest. Except the TQK70, whi=
ch =

I've tried to use in many different locations along the bus. It should be=
 on =

upper half if I understood the docu properly, but wherever I put it, it j=
ust =

plainly refuses to work. 'SHOW QBUS' shows it up properly but it can't se=
e the =

tape drive. All ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,
-- =

- Erno Palonheimo
-- esp@iki.fi