Subject: Re: Problems with TK70 and DSSI
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Stan Pietkiewicz <stanp@storm.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/02/1999 22:42:13
Erno Palonheimo wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I can't get my MicroVAX 3400 to boot from the TK70 tape. There is something
> rather strange going on - 'show qbus' tells the following about the controller:
>
> -200001940 (774500) = 0000 (260) TQK50/TQK70/TU81E/RV20/KFQSA-TAPE
>
> And 'show uqssp' tells the following:
>
> UQSSP Tape Controller 0 (774500)
> -?
>
> So, apparently something isn't correct here.. and, I also do have some
> problems with DSSI. I have RF71 and RF31 installed, and only the RF71 is
> showing up in 'show dssi' output. What could be the problem with RF31? Is the
> drive broken, or could it be a cabling problem? Or do I have to somehow
> 'enable' the drive? Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> -- Erno Palonheimo
> --- esp@iki.fi
> ----- 0400 615281

Have you tried unplugging the DSSI disks one at a time to find their ID's?
If you don't have an operator control panel for the disks, with a 10-conductor
ribbon cable
going from the OCP to each disk, you'll have to jumper the disks to a unique ID.

The OCP typically has plastic plugs to set the ID of the individual disks.

IIRC, the DSSI controller shows up as ID 7, with the other ID's (0-6) available for
devices....

Stan