Subject: Re: Offers 10 TK50 Cartridge for help
To: KH/LAV Operator <Operator.KH/LAV@de.bosch.com>
From: David Heller <dheller1@rochester.rr.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/26/1999 19:17:34
KH/LAV Operator wrote:

> I have problems to install NetBSD1.3.2 on my MicroVax3100 with SCSI Drives.
> I the FAQ by NetBSD1.3.3 for pmax it seams that the installation problems
> for my
> Vax-configuration are resolved. But there are no file to make 'boot' and
> 'miniroot'
> tapes in the current-version. I have only VMS5.5 on my Vax. If someone can
> make me the tapes to boot, labeled and install the current NetBSD-version, I
> will
> offers 10 TK50 Cartridges. I hope that there is someone who can help me.
>
>         If you want help me and received the cartridges please contact me on
> one
>         from these two adresses :
>
>                 Christophe.Latt@t-online.de
>
>         or
>
>                 Operator.KH/LAV@pcm.bosch.de
>
>         Thanks.

  I can probably make the tapes on my Linux box(intel) as I've had pretty good
luck making tapes on a TZ30 drive As I have a Decstation 3100 also and would
like to know if its possible to install from Tk50 tape. However you say you have
a Microvax 3100 which I understand is not pmax but Decstation is. Can someone
confirm this ?
Anyway I will gladly make the Tapes if it would mean I could get Netbsd
installed on my Decstation. Please let me know.

Thanks All,
Dave