Subject: RE: confused
To: 'Tom Ivar Helbekkmo' <tih@nhh.no>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/1999 19:04:38
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> > There's a flying lead coming out of the front panel with a 50 way
> > centronics style connector on it, and I had thought this to be SCSI,
> > was I wrong.
>
> Probably not SCSI -- it should have shown up in "show dev" then.

I think it did:

(from previous post by Paul Duncan:)

UQSSP Disk Controller 0 (772150)
-DUA0 (RA81)

UQSSP Tape Controller 0 (774500)
-MUA0 (TU81)
-MUA1 (TU81)

This _could_ very well be a dual MSCP/TMSCP<->SCSI controller with one
controller set up for MSCP (1 drive) and one controller set up for TMSCP
(2 drives). It could of course be anything, but the fact that it reports
drives that are not physically present and that there is a 50-pin
"centronics" plug suggests a third-party MSCP/TMSCP<->SCSI controller to
me.

BTW, we know (well, we can assume) that the tape controller at 774500 is
not a TQK70 since we can see from Paul's photo that the machine doesn't
have a TK70 drive.

Paul, you know that this machine is not supported by NetBSD/vax, right?

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2