Subject: Netbooting
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Duncan <paul@chaos-hovel.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/1999 13:42:56
Hi,

I'm trying to get the VAX 4000 M200 to Net boot from the Linux box.

I've put eth0 into the allmulti mode mentioned in the docs,
/proc/net/rarp exists, but says "RARP disabled until entries added to
cache", rpc.bootparamd, mopd and rpc.nfsd are all running. I've actually
got mopd running with the -d flag in the hope that I'll get some useful
info out of it, but nothing yet.

When I say "boot eza0" (I assume this is the correct command)

The VAX comes back with:
(BOOT/R5:0 EZA0)

  2..
-EZA0
Retrying network bootstrap.
Retrying network bootstrap.

and so it goes on. I have set up the entries in /etc/ethers and
/etc/hosts

If anyone's got any ideas what's gone wrong, I'd be most grateful.
I've tried using netwatch utility, but I get the feeling it will only
look at packets with proper IP addresses.

TTFN!

Paul
~~~~