Subject: Re: VAX-4000
To: Paul Duncan <paul@chaos-hovel.demon.co.uk>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@link.link-systems.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/22/1999 17:05:04
| Does anyone have the pinouts for a VAX-4000 console jack - its sort of like
| an RJ-45, but you hav eto hack the top off to make it go in...

It is called a DEC MMJ connector I believe.  Here
is the pin-out I believe I used to make my cables:

 DEC MMJ       pin #           Signal
                1               DTR
                2               TXD+
                3               TXD-
                4               RXD-
                5               RXD+
                6               DSR

 Apparently the DEC MMJ connector is RS423 based.

 From what I can tell, this is a suggested MMJ to DB25 (RS232) layout

        MMJ pin #               DB-25 pin #

        1 (DTR)                  8 (DCD)
        2 (TXD+)                 3 (RD)