Subject: Re: VAX not booting devices
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Philipp Buehler <Philipp.Buehler@xlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/20/1999 12:03:00
PB wrote:
> Yes, I know now. But I have PROM 1.2 which has not that commands :(
> I am just struggeled with the buttons on the enclosure. I am just on
> making some ascii-graphics (more detailed) on the website. Likewise you could
> check that the next few days. The owner before me remembered that the system
> is definitely on DUB0 - but I still need to get the disk 'online' to boot it.

The graphics are now online on http://www.fips.de/computer/mv3500_e.html
I found out that possible the missing connectors on the opcon are seriously
missing. Wondering why they were ever dismounted. Someone knows the pinout
to make new cables?

The problems with the TK70 shows up after dismantling it - the strip to
threaten the tape is loose around the internal reel :( Where to fix it?
The tapecase is not unloading though the tape is properly inside the case.
I was told there is a switch to force the unload from inside - but I didnt
found it.

ciao
--
Philipp Buehler, aka fIpS | <lonely stuff > | double-p on IRC
VAX/OpenVMS: No compromise computing.